Svite

Crew Skills - What do you think??

Hi

I've been doing Artifice, Acheology and Treasure Hunting. Making stuff is always fun.

Its a big money sink tbh as you need to do missions to get the mats and but the Crew Skill items etc.

How are the other crew skills? Any fun?

I also was doing Artifice, but after level 50 there is no point. I'm getting better things in operations than what I can craft. I have since dropped Artifice and switched to Biochem. At least then I can make reusable heath packs and stim packs for operations that persist through death. Considering they are 10k per 1 on the Market it should help me save some $.

I started out doing those 3 a well and it drained almost 20k credits to level them up to 150 each. Bad idea. The artifice hasn't done much for me and now I have a Cargo Hold full of crystals I can't use right now. It seems Artifice just stopped leveling up for me and I haven't learned any new designs, so I'm holding off for a while now.

That's because you need to go back to the Crew Skills Trainer for Artifice any buy more recipes. As long as the dot next to them are not grey it will level Artifice.

I went with underworld trading and artifice. I primarily use underworld trading to get cheep companion gifts. On my Agent I also went with diplomacy but the dark side/ light side effect is so small I don't feel it is worth it.

I have now dropped Treasure Hunting and picked up Slicing. Need the cash badly and slicing seems to be providing decent amounts. Plus on of my companions has Slicing Efficiency :D

When you are leveling, unless there is something you really need don't buy all the schematics. Just look for the highest lvl one that you can craft easily. Saves a lot of money. But if you do the quests your suppose to I never had money problems too much. I did Synthweaving/Archaeology/Underworld Trading. And at 50 it kind of sucks, there are a few good things I can make with Synthweaving, but otherwise you have to get lucky finding schematics from hard mode FP's or find rakata schematics in Hard Mode ops. Those are the only places I think they can drop.

Wow, that's quite funny actually. Those are the exact three skills I chose for crafting, I haven't played very much so I cant say how good they are in the long run but I'll find out soon I guess. xD