Gallitin

New Computer

Well, I really didn't need one as my current computer is less than 1 year old, but I just couldn't help myself. After I started looking I had to get one. Should be here mid February and I've been want to fraps our raids, I think this will do it :)

Alienware Aurora-R4

Intel Core i7-3930K (Six Core, 12MB Cache) Overclocked up to 4.1Ghz

16GB Quad Channel DDR3 at 1600MHz

1.25GB GDDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti

1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 32MB Cache

Alienware Aurora X79 with ALX Chassis

Genuine Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit, English, w/Media

AlienFX Color, Quasar Blue

Single Drive: 24X CD/DVD burner (DVD+/-RW) w/double layer write capability

Integrated 7.1 Channel Audio

Alienhead 3D

• Like 1

Well, Here's what I'm running with,

An Asus G74sx a-1 gaming laptop

a 17.3" screen with 1920 X 1080 resolution,

i7 2630 QM @ 2.9GHz

a 12gb DDR3 @ 1600MHz

an Nvidia GTX 560M with 3gb of vram

1.5 TB of HDD

Thermal-Compound Cooling system plus rear exhaust vents keeping the computer cool

TL;DR: Sweet laptop under 2,000 $ with great gaming capability and great cooling system, can run witcher on ultra with uber sampling off and run SWTOR on highest at around 80 fps. (AA on)

Well, I think you should have saved your money and bought something more productive since your computer was one year old! But I hope that your computer works very well and you enjoy this game a lot while using it.

That's a very sweet build, I bet you will have a blast trying it out on SWTOR and other games :D I'm stuck with my old 4yo PC hah.

hey we all have "impulse buys" but if you feel you really needed it that's fine, personally whenever i feel impulse buys coming on I just wait 7 days and if after 7 days I decide I still want it then I buy it, but a new computer is always cool, so fresh and running smooth, let us know what it's like play SWTOR on it :)

That is a very nice spec. I'm still running a Core 2 Quad but its holding up for Swtor.. May upgrade later this year.

i prefer a dell xps myself it does everything i want and gives me no problems even with high graphic settings. also had a viao laptop that did well but i lost it in a motorcycle accident lol