swimfrost

Horrible FPS

I know my computer is well equipped to play the game efficiently, because it has worked just fine, but at times I have horrible fps. It has dropped as low as 0.4. It did not do this until after the first major update, 1.1. Has anyone else had this kind of issue?

Hey, I had horrible FPS as well when I first started playing. I recommend turning off the shadows like Guardian said, it DRASTICALLY improved my game-play. Also if you can handle playing with low textures turn them down too. I did those things and now SWTOR runs a lot smoother and is actually playable. :)

If you're still having problems after turning off the shadows, try turning off Vertical Syncing as well. Once I did that I got another little boost in FPS. ;)

Yup shadows and Vsync are often the culprit. You could also try to update video drivers for your card. It fixed some issues for me during the beta. Another possibility is that you have low RAM on the card or in the system, and the game is transferring game textures to the page file too often which would cause huge lag. Or perhaps it's a problem in the game itself, after all it's very new still.