DemonstrateThis

Bounty Hunter being able to heal

While its not exactly what you would expect from a Bounty Hunter, it does open up the possibilities to some interesting options. There is a good chance talents from this tree can be pooled with the other Bounty Hunter’s talents to create a very powerful PvP or solo-oriented class, capable of both dealing damage and self-healing.

Kinda curious on what everyone elses thoughts are.

I think every single class has some healing abilities(can't give the exact quote), but yeah most of them would only help if you're soloing(as the devs mentioned that the game is designed so that you can reach level 50 and complete your story arc without much interaction with other players).

hmm... well here's a quick tip for healing kinda off topic but may help, If your heals are pulling aggro then your tank is failing. Simple as that. I ran a few flashpoints with a mate who recently made the switch from WoW to SWTOR and he is still struggling. He is used to being able to run in and mash one or two buttons without worrying about threat/adds and in SWTOR, at least at the moment, he can't do that.

If you're stuck with a bad tank I've found it's much easier to tell them to just tank the strongs/golds on aoe packs and tell your DPS to smash the weaks. It will make your job much easier even with terrible tanks.

Even with good tanks, it's tough to keep aoe threat on all the targets. Have to use Crowd Controls and dps have to target together to get weakest down fast then the stronger mobs. Swtor relies heavily on taunt and it doesn't quite function as WoW taunt.

i think it would kind of just be a weak healer and weak fighter not really sure why you would split it into 2 when its easier to just go one way